The West Creek Duathlon is a fun youth event consisting of a run-bike-run format on a safe course closed to vehicular traffic. We will also have a youth AND adult mile run race option this year as well! The mission is to provide kids a safe, fun introduction to multisport. All LRF events fund our free fitness programs which teach life skills to low-opportunity communities.
The Course –
The West Creek Duathlon course consists of 2 race distances to accommodate varying age groups. Participants 10 years and younger will complete a 1/4 mile run (1-loop), 2.8 mile bike (2-loops), and 1/2 mile run (1-loop). Participants 11 years and older will complete a 1/4 mile run (1-loop), 4.2 mile bike (3-loops), and 1 mile run (2-loops). We also have a 1-mile running race for all ages (youth and adult). The entire course is on a closed loop free of any vehicular traffic. The bike will be draft-legal.
- Run 1 Course Map (1 loop for all ages)
- Bike Course Map (2 loops 10&Under, 3 loops 11-17)
- Run 2 Course Map (1 loop 10&Under, 2 loops 11-17)
- 1 Mile Run Course Map (2 loops all ages)
Race Day Schedule
- 1:00 pm- Transition Open
- 1:45 pm – Staging & Pre-Race Instructions
- 2:00 pm – 1-Mile Race Start
- 2:20 pm – Age 10 & Under Start
- 2:40 pm – Age 11 & Older Start
- 3:30 pm – Awards
Registration – Register Here. Register by February 13th to be guaranteed a race t-shirt. All duathlon participants must purchase a one-time USA Triathlon annual membership ($10) – required for all USAT events. If you need financial assistance to register or need to borrow a bike, please contact us at [email protected].
Sign up to volunteer to make this event a great experience for every participant. To volunteer, sign up here >>
West Creek Du Results & Photos
See photos from each event on the Live Red Foundation Flickr Page
- 10 & Under: Overall Results | Age Group Results
- 11 & Older: Overall Results | Age Group Results
- Mile Race: Overall Results