Swim Teams Participating
The RVA Splash and Dash Series is a 4-race series held in partnership with local swim teams. The mission is to provide kids a safe, fun introduction to multisport. Each race includes a short swim followed by a short run with the last race of the series also including a parent-child relay! Participants compete in each race to win series awards.
What’s Splash & Dash?
About Splash & Dash – Splash & Dash is a USA Triathlon national series that provides a fun, safe introduction to multisport. Without the biggest barrier to entry in multsport: the bike. All ages 17 and under encouraged to participate.
The Series – The RVA Splash & Dash Series is a series of 4 races of the same swim-run distance at varying locations. Individuals as well as local swim teams compete in each race for both individual and club series awards.
Adult/Child Relay – The final race of the series includes a short parent/child relay with both adult and child completing a 50-meter swim followed by a 400-meter run. This is a fun finale to the series and free to any participant who races the Hallsley event. Got multiple kids? No problem as you can tag all your kids which will in essence create multiple teams that you are on.
A Great Cause – These events benefit both the Live Red Foundation and the Cameron K Gallagher (Speak Up) Foundation, which is a beacon of hope for those who are affected by teenage mental illness.
Supports Local Swim Teams – This event also helps fund local swim teams by making a donation to those who participate.
The 2019 Series
Below are the events in the 2019 Series:
- RVA Splash & Dash Hallsley (Chesterfield, VA) = June 22
- RVA Splash & Dash Avalon (Henrico, VA) = June 29
- RVA Splash & Dash Kanawha (Henrico, VA) = July 13
- RVA Splash & Dash Burkwood (Hanover, VA) = July 20
The Courses – Each course will consist of a 100 y/m swim followed by a 1 mile run on a safe, fun course. For the adult-child relay at the Burkwood race, both participants will complete the 50 meter swim and 1/2 mile run individually. View Course Maps >>
Race Day Schedule – The following schedule is used for every race:
- 6:30am-7:30am Packet Pick-Up & Race Day Registration
- 7:00-7:45am Transition Open
- 7:30-7:45am Swim Warm Ups
- 7:45am Pre-Race Meeting (poolside)
- 8:00 First Wave Race Start
- 9:30am Awards (or earlier)
- Burkwood Race Only = 9:00am Team Relay Race
- Burkwood Race Only = 10:00am Awards
Registration – Sign up early to get the lowest price:
- Single Race = $25, bump to $30 2-weeks before race, $35 on race day
- 4-Race Series = $75 through June 11, $95 after June 11
* All participants must purchase a one-time USA Triathlon annual membership ($10) – required for all USAT events
Sign up to volunteer to make this event a great experience for every participant. To volunteer, sign up here >>
See photos from each event on the Live Red Foundation Flickr Page
- Overall Results: Hallsley | Avalon | Kanawha | Burkwood
- Age Group Results: Hallsley | Avalon | Kanawha | Burkwood
- Final Series Standings: Team & Individual
- Burkwood Adult-Child Relay Results
- Burkwood Results | Avalon Results | Kanawha Results | Hallsley Results
- Individual & Team Series Standings
- Adult-Child Relay Results
- Race 1 (Burkwood) Results | Race 2 (Avalon) Results | Race 3 (Hallsley) Results
- Adult-Child Relay Results (listed by child’s name)
- Final Series Standings
- Team Competition Series Top 3: Avalon 243, Hallsley 98, Burkwood 35
The Cameron K. Gallagher Foundation (CKG) provides tools that cultivate awareness and understanding of teenage depression and anxiety. One teen out of every four suffers from mental illness, yet less than 33% get help. Together, we can change that. In 2017, CKG provided free programs about mental health, stress management and coping strategies to more than 17,500 students and their supporters in over 19 schools in the greater Richmond area. Additionally, over 2,000 teens and adults benefited from CKG mindfulness programs. CKG hosts SpeakUp5k races in Richmond, Tampa, San Diego and Nashville as a way to bring communities together in a positive and energetic way to start the conversation about prioritizing mental health. Help begins when we SpeakUp!