Swim Teams Participating
The RVA Splash and Dash Series is a race series held in partnership with local swim teams. The mission is to provide kids a safe, fun introduction to multisport. Each race includes a 100 m swim followed by a 1 mi run. These events fund our free fitness programs which teach life skills to underserved communities and also benefit the local swim teams with which we partner.
What’s Splash & Dash?
About Splash & Dash – Splash & Dash is a USA Triathlon national series that provides a fun, safe introduction to multisport. Without the biggest barrier to entry in multsport: the bike. All ages 17 and under encouraged to participate.
The Series – The RVA Splash & Dash Series is a series of 3 races of the same swim-run distance at varying locations. Individuals as well as local swim teams compete in each race for both individual and club series awards.
Adult/Child Relay – The final race of the series includes a short parent/child relay with both adult and child completing a 50-meter swim followed by a 400-meter run. This is a fun finale to the series and free to any participant who races the Burkwood event. Got multiple kids? No problem as you can tag all your kids which will in essence create multiple teams that you are on.
A Great Cause – These events help fund our free fitness programs which teach life skills to underserved communities.
Supports Local Swim Teams – This event also helps fund local swim teams by making a donation to those who participate.
The 2021 Series
We have tentative dates set for June 19, June 26, & July 10. We plan to firm these dates by the end of March and open registration early April.
The Courses –
Each Splash & Dash course will consist of a 100 y/m swim followed by a 1 mile run on a safe, fun course.
Race Day Schedule
- 7:00 am- Transition Open
- 7:15 am – Pre-Race Instructions
- 7:30 am – Start
- 7:45-9:00 am – Finish Line Celebration
Registration – Registration is expected to open in early April. All participants must purchase a one-time USA Triathlon annual membership ($10) – required for all USAT events
Sign up to volunteer to make this event a great experience for every participant. To volunteer, sign up here >>
See photos from each event on the Live Red Foundation Flickr Page
- Avalon #1: Overall | Age Group
- Avalon #2: Overall | Age Group
- West Creek: 13+ Results | 9-12 Results | 8 & Under Results
- Series Standings: Individual Results | Team Results
- Overall Results: Hallsley | Avalon | Kanawha | Burkwood
- Age Group Results: Hallsley | Avalon | Kanawha | Burkwood
- Final Series Standings: Team & Individual
- Burkwood Adult-Child Relay Results
- Burkwood Results | Avalon Results | Kanawha Results | Hallsley Results
- Individual & Team Series Standings
- Adult-Child Relay Results
- Race 1 (Burkwood) Results | Race 2 (Avalon) Results | Race 3 (Hallsley) Results
- Adult-Child Relay Results (listed by child’s name)
- Final Series Standings
- Team Competition Series Top 3: Avalon 243, Hallsley 98, Burkwood 35